When I was younger, one of my hobbies was drawing, specifically the insides of houses. These drawings were like one might see in the Homes section of a paper, detailing the living room, kitchen, bedroom, etc. For a while, I thought that it might mean I was supposed to grown up and be an architect. Unfortunately, other dreams took over (or perhaps fortunately, depending on one’s perspective). Anyway, my point is that I’ve been thinking of “dream houses” for a while.
While trolling the NaBloMo blogroll, a site called The Chocoholic (yummy name, by the way) had a link to a “build your own dream house” quiz. I just had to play, and guess what? Although I totally disagree with what it says about me and the kitchen for I’ve loved cooking since I’ve been little, I’ve a “chocolatessen” in my dream house. Yummy.delicious.place.
| Your home is a
Magic Magnate’s Castle
|Your kitchen is someplace you never go, because you “have people for that.” There’s a Chocolatessen, which is rapidly becoming your favorite room of the house. Having one is also becoming a trend among your wealthy neighbors. Your master bedroom is the size of a small barn, with carpet thick enough to reach your ankles. Your study has hardback editions of every classic ever written, plus a special edition of Rich Dad, Poor Dad with the parts you ghost-authored highlighted. One of your garages holds your collection of Ferraris, and is measured in acreage.
Your home also includes a guest wing and private quarters for your servants. Your guests enjoy your home theater with hi-def plasma screen TV, and the thrones you watch it from. Outside is your hedge maze and gardens, meticulously tended by a team of world-class botanists.
Below is a snippet of the blueprints:
Build YOUR Dream House!
Anyone want to come over for a visit? As you can see, you’ll be well taken care of there. *smile* And, you can click on the above link to build your own dream house. But, don’t forget to come back to leave a comment and tell me all about it. 😉
View a Random Slice
Yes, I’m still here, world…just been letting my visitors marinate in my recent postings (not necessarily by choice). I’m kind of on a roller coaster of emotions at the moment, from high-in-the-sky dreams to down-in-the-dumps reality.
High points have included:
- Being linked as a hot, local blog by the paper (and not from one of my comments)! Yes, it’s true. When I checked out my stats, as any egotistical wannabe blog entrepreneur might do, and found a link to the Chronicle news and opinion web page,, my heart smiled as I found the link back to my own blog. Unfortunately, It literally left me speechless – not good for a blogger at all. But, it was not all bad as I had a recent spike of activity (and thus, something for new visitors to look). Whew!
- winning over a half million points on an online poker game (and the highest level that can be obtained in the game)…the only thing I could do online for a couple days (horrid connection woes, email saying heck-no-you-can’t-have, etc.). I only wish it was real money. Then, perhaps something in reality could go right. Dare to dream, I do. 😮
- Having Bluebell ice cream!! Always a cause to
celebrate commiserate with a pint of one of their yummy new flavors – the centennial sundae. It tastes pretty much like a sundae you get at an old-fashioned ice cream parlor. It’s vanilla ice cream, caramel swirls, whipped cream and cherry pieces. Very nice, and I found it on sale, too! (must…go..back…forget diet(s)….Whoops…pardon my devilish interlude there. Back, devil, back! >:-)
- Realizing I didn’t eat myself in the above point, as I remember back to an online quiz I did (see entry Delicious Desserts). What a relief! 😉
- Finally enjoying a mint 3 Musketeers candy bar. I’ve discovered, it’s a pretty okay treat, sort of like an Andes mint only larger. Though, I must admit I like the original 3 Musketeers better. :-*
- Watching with appreciation how people are looking up stuff about banned books (including links within my blog), clicking through and finding out more information. Wow! I’m currently devouring my current selections, and though I’m only halfway through two on my list, I’m loving them thoroughly, especially Maya Angelou’s book (which has given me dreams of which I wake up smiling – not currently sure why but cool). Reading is fun! 😀
Oh my…I guess I had quite a few high points there, well, high for me. Hopefully, it’ll help sustain me as I go deal with some of the “low points” now. Until later, dear visitors. The comment gallery opens as I wave like a school girl starting first grade to you all. *waves with delight*
View a Random Slice
Technorati Tags: banned books, desserts, ice cream, candy, newspaper