I play a quaint little game with my friends. Maybe you’ve heard of it…Words with Friends. Yeah, I know…kind of a silly version of Scrabble, but it’s a good way for some of my friends and I to banter back and forth (and sometimes beat the pants off the other *wicked grin*). Anyway, for me, it turns into story time on the board. Perhaps, it’s the reader within me, but I make a game within a game playing off of my friends’ words with complementary ones.
One friend of mine played “tinter”, I countered with “shady”. (Methinks there’s something sneaky happening in this game. *shifts eyes back and forth*)
Another friend and I had “spado” “pie”. (I don’t know what that is, but it sounds mighty interesting, though perhaps a little Craig Ferguson type of creepy.)
On another game, I put “shawls” in my friend’s “folder”. (Well, at least he’ll be warm during this Winter.)
Some of the weirdest, funniest stories come from one particular friend of mine. So, just had to share one of our recent “stories”:
“The toast harped dad[‘s] fez [and] learns unto [the] lamb. [and the toad is waiting to play]”
No, we weren’t drinking…at least I wasn’t at the time, I can’t vouch for him, as he’s hours away in the boonies.
I realize that this game within a game is the result of my funkedelic imagination (and that’s without drugs), but it can make things quite interesting is my point.
What have you ever seen in a game? Ever think it would make a good book? Or maybe a coffee table book for stoners? Hmm…filing that under possible money ideas, when I get the money to go to Washington or Colorado one day. ;D
Holy flip…did you know?
It’s National Reading Day! Hip, hip, hooray. Well, for me, that’s about every day if I can, and I consider myself very fortunate to have that privilege.
Anyway, the national reading day site is dedicated to getting kids into reading. I’ve personally recommended wegivebooks.org for this task. It has books for various ages, and all one needs is an internet connection. And, for every book you read, the site GIVES free books (real books) to kids in need.
So, why are we just sitting around here? It’s story time!
Here’s a story about a man and a dream (whom we just celebrated on a holiday this month):
And, here’s a classic tale that many people can relate to these days, thanks to a certain “Polar Vortex”:
Yeah, I know…as good a book as that is, I’m adding one more, something I found one day and turned out to be a really cute read…
(note: this last one’s available through Amazon.com; no get/give points, but if you click, you do support my reading fund *please, please, puppy-dog eyes*)
Oh, and in case you didn’t click on the wegivebooks link yet, go explore it more sometime (after reading my site, of course). They’re having a contest involving reading and Wrestlemania at the moment, encouraging kids to read all they can.
Happy reading, y’all!
Forewarning: I’m in a weird mood. I’m not sure if it’s just depression, laziness, or my mind is totally on vacation not ever wanting to reality, except maybe via Skype reporting from the alternate world. Too much? Perhaps. Too Weird? Probably. But, who cares, eh.
Someone asked me recently about pinning (on Pinterest). I do have one, but I don’t do it often. I either forget, don’t have time, or you know, that alternate reality thing I described. I guess I have to find a place to put a link, for the curious and / or demented minds.
I saw one thing that looked like a giant pill — about scared the crap out of me. Sure, it’s really benign, and probably a “bright” idea (what out…I’m being pun-ny) for it looks like it puts out a lot of light, but really? I don’t know about that one.
The other thing I’ve seen before, but a nurse/friend of mine re-posted, and I still want to try this — it’s mellow yellow ; perhaps with a side of chocolate ice cream. >:] That would be a scream of delight and weird stares, I bet. He-he.
Is that gagging I hear? Or insane laughter? One way or another, hope it’s been another interesting ride. No, I don’t know where trash can is, but I’ll leave you to find it now, for I’m going back into hibernation until this cold spell snaps. Brrr.
Tune for this post…
Yes, I’ve a certain song in my head at the moment, and thanks to the title, maybe I can pass it on to you now. *devilish smile*
Because of certain circumstances, I’m sort of blogging on the run these days (no, I haven’t killed anyone…or maimed them in any way…just things are a bit hectic ;P) It doesn’t help that many of my blogging ideas come when I’m nowhere near a computer or my blogging app (and yes, I’ve tried pencil/paper…can’t write fast enough to keep up with my brain LOL). Okay, enough complaining for the moment. Just wanted to give a shout out to some SITS Girls*:
- Hi Laura from Storybook Reality! I must have been lost in a storybook reality of my own to initially skip this blog. Yo, people of the internet…visit this lady – she has a very forgiving sense of humor. 😀
- Hi Antoinette of DE Divah Deals ! Wow…you’re looking good there…I want some of that energy *steals secrets of youth when you turn away* ;D
- A salute to Rheanna of CammoStyle Love! I’m reminded of that phrase “Keep Calm and Carry On” reading this blog
- Hi Joy at Kentucky Homemakers! Careful visiting this blog, you’re apt to get hungry – holy sweetness! *jumps up and down to work off the excitement and virtual calories gained*
- Hi Janette at The Johanson Journey! I’m partial to the alliteration here and not just because it reminds me of a hot looking football player whom I wish I’d run into but keep missing by sometimes minutes. Beware people…there’s cuteness on this site — uber-cute kids and I’m having the urge to bottle energy again.
- Hi Sara at The Infollector! Great title to this artistic site. *reminds self to visit often to boost creativity*
- Hi Lisa at The Domestic Life Stylist! Oh flip, someone’s making me hungry again *eats my way through the blog* Sorry about the mess…just got too excited there eying the deliciousness. >.<
- Hi Twin…erm I mean Hi Jennifer at After The Chapel! The blog name is reminding me of that conversation in Bridemaids between Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig about Maya paving the way and being urged to report back what being married is really like.
- And, Hi Lisa at Sweetie’s Freebies! Feeding my need for treats and free stuff, too? Yes, please.
Whew. I’m exhausted after that journey, in spite of all that energy I tried to swipe. Guess it’s time for a coffee break. See y’all in the blogosphere, folks.
*I think about old-fashioned call girls when I type or even think “SITS Girls”. Isn’t that weird where the mind can go sometimes?!? Ha-ha.
**Edited to correct my accidental omitting of a shout-out. 🙂
Posted in Entertainment, Fun Monday, latest munchies, random slice, thoughts
Tagged foodies, freebies, introductions, mommies, sharing the love, SITS Girls, Tribes
Frankly not much did not go right for me regards 2013. I’m putting it behind me, working on my faith for ever better things to come, and highlighting on a positive before I let 2013 go. I read some really good books (well, at least I thought they were –ignores negative reviews on them–). Some of them were quite long for me, but the stories were so captivating the length didn’t matter. I love when that happens! If anyone is interested in my full list, that’s on my 2013 bookshelf. Some of the best from that list included: