Forewarning: I’m in a weird mood. I’m not sure if it’s just depression, laziness, or my mind is totally on vacation not ever wanting to reality, except maybe via Skype reporting from the alternate world. Too much? Perhaps. Too Weird? Probably. But, who cares, eh.
Someone asked me recently about pinning (on Pinterest). I do have one, but I don’t do it often. I either forget, don’t have time, or you know, that alternate reality thing I described. I guess I have to find a place to put a link, for the curious and / or demented minds.
I saw one thing that looked like a giant pill — about scared the crap out of me. Sure, it’s really benign, and probably a “bright” idea (what out…I’m being pun-ny) for it looks like it puts out a lot of light, but really? I don’t know about that one.
The other thing I’ve seen before, but a nurse/friend of mine re-posted, and I still want to try this — it’s mellow yellow ; perhaps with a side of chocolate ice cream. >:] That would be a scream of delight and weird stares, I bet. He-he.
Is that gagging I hear? Or insane laughter? One way or another, hope it’s been another interesting ride. No, I don’t know where trash can is, but I’ll leave you to find it now, for I’m going back into hibernation until this cold spell snaps. Brrr.
Tune for this post…
Yes, I’ve a certain song in my head at the moment, and thanks to the title, maybe I can pass it on to you now. *devilish smile*
Because of certain circumstances, I’m sort of blogging on the run these days (no, I haven’t killed anyone…or maimed them in any way…just things are a bit hectic ;P) It doesn’t help that many of my blogging ideas come when I’m nowhere near a computer or my blogging app (and yes, I’ve tried pencil/paper…can’t write fast enough to keep up with my brain LOL). Okay, enough complaining for the moment. Just wanted to give a shout out to some SITS Girls*:
- Hi Laura from Storybook Reality! I must have been lost in a storybook reality of my own to initially skip this blog. Yo, people of the internet…visit this lady – she has a very forgiving sense of humor. 😀
- Hi Antoinette of DE Divah Deals ! Wow…you’re looking good there…I want some of that energy *steals secrets of youth when you turn away* ;D
- A salute to Rheanna of CammoStyle Love! I’m reminded of that phrase “Keep Calm and Carry On” reading this blog
- Hi Joy at Kentucky Homemakers! Careful visiting this blog, you’re apt to get hungry – holy sweetness! *jumps up and down to work off the excitement and virtual calories gained*
- Hi Janette at The Johanson Journey! I’m partial to the alliteration here and not just because it reminds me of a hot looking football player whom I wish I’d run into but keep missing by sometimes minutes. Beware people…there’s cuteness on this site — uber-cute kids and I’m having the urge to bottle energy again.
- Hi Sara at The Infollector! Great title to this artistic site. *reminds self to visit often to boost creativity*
- Hi Lisa at The Domestic Life Stylist! Oh flip, someone’s making me hungry again *eats my way through the blog* Sorry about the mess…just got too excited there eying the deliciousness. >.<
- Hi Twin…erm I mean Hi Jennifer at After The Chapel! The blog name is reminding me of that conversation in Bridemaids between Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig about Maya paving the way and being urged to report back what being married is really like.
- And, Hi Lisa at Sweetie’s Freebies! Feeding my need for treats and free stuff, too? Yes, please.
Whew. I’m exhausted after that journey, in spite of all that energy I tried to swipe. Guess it’s time for a coffee break. See y’all in the blogosphere, folks.
*I think about old-fashioned call girls when I type or even think “SITS Girls”. Isn’t that weird where the mind can go sometimes?!? Ha-ha.
**Edited to correct my accidental omitting of a shout-out. 🙂
Posted in Entertainment, Fun Monday, latest munchies, random slice, thoughts
Tagged foodies, freebies, introductions, mommies, sharing the love, SITS Girls, Tribes
Frankly not much did not go right for me regards 2013. I’m putting it behind me, working on my faith for ever better things to come, and highlighting on a positive before I let 2013 go. I read some really good books (well, at least I thought they were –ignores negative reviews on them–). Some of them were quite long for me, but the stories were so captivating the length didn’t matter. I love when that happens! If anyone is interested in my full list, that’s on my 2013 bookshelf. Some of the best from that list included:
Just a quick update…much like a prostitute charging by the hour (so I hear…though I can “play” one very well, I’m told — hehe).
It seems like I’m doing everything on the fly these days. The times I do have an idea, I’m usually away from my blogging apparatus, or something else interrupts. I updated my Read In 2013 page with my completed goals (mostly good news there). I updated the header of my blog to the pretty pear tree image I have in my blog badge. And, I coördinated the colors to match. Whew. It’s dinnertime, or close enough to it.
As Tigger would say, TTFN!
**Edit: Well, I HAD a color scheme to match. It didn’t work out so well. Oh well. Maybe we’ll look into that part again at a later date.
I’m having a bit of storytime on my blog at the moment. So, get your cookies and milk (or whatever you prefer) and sit a spell. Don’t worry, it won’t be a long spell, as I’d like to avoid cramps and boredom. Hehehe
Italo Calvino said: The more enlightened our houses are, the more their walls ooze ghosts. Let’s describe the ghosts that live in this house:
Image credit: “love Don’t live here anymore…” – © 2009 Robb North – made available under Attribution 2.0 Generic
Today, I’m imagining the little old couple that lived in this house. Grandpa worked in the field, and after Grandma died of a heart problem, he did the best he could to “get along” until he could see her again. When that day finally came, Grandma was waiting with a scowl and saying “what the heck did you do to my house?!”
What can we learn from this ditty?
Perhaps, sometimes, there’s no pleasing people.
Or, don’t wait for better..live your life now.
Or…maybe Grandma was just a hard-nosed bitch. ;D
Then again, maybe it’s a different house all together. One with Casper and his mean uncles roaming all over the surrounding land. At least, that’s what came to me when I first thought of “oozing ghosts”. Shall I continue, or perhaps go farther into my imagination? (I do have an overactive one sometimes…he he) How weird am I? Do I really want to know? Do you?