Yes, I’ve a certain song in my head at the moment, and thanks to the title, maybe I can pass it on to you now. *devilish smile*
Because of certain circumstances, I’m sort of blogging on the run these days (no, I haven’t killed anyone…or maimed them in any way…just things are a bit hectic ;P) It doesn’t help that many of my blogging ideas come when I’m nowhere near a computer or my blogging app (and yes, I’ve tried pencil/paper…can’t write fast enough to keep up with my brain LOL). Okay, enough complaining for the moment. Just wanted to give a shout out to some SITS Girls*:
- Hi Laura from Storybook Reality! I must have been lost in a storybook reality of my own to initially skip this blog. Yo, people of the internet…visit this lady – she has a very forgiving sense of humor. 😀
- Hi Antoinette of DE Divah Deals ! Wow…you’re looking good there…I want some of that energy *steals secrets of youth when you turn away* ;D
- A salute to Rheanna of CammoStyle Love! I’m reminded of that phrase “Keep Calm and Carry On” reading this blog
- Hi Joy at Kentucky Homemakers! Careful visiting this blog, you’re apt to get hungry – holy sweetness! *jumps up and down to work off the excitement and virtual calories gained*
- Hi Janette at The Johanson Journey! I’m partial to the alliteration here and not just because it reminds me of a hot looking football player whom I wish I’d run into but keep missing by sometimes minutes. Beware people…there’s cuteness on this site — uber-cute kids and I’m having the urge to bottle energy again.
- Hi Sara at The Infollector! Great title to this artistic site. *reminds self to visit often to boost creativity*
- Hi Lisa at The Domestic Life Stylist! Oh flip, someone’s making me hungry again *eats my way through the blog* Sorry about the mess…just got too excited there eying the deliciousness. >.<
- Hi Twin…erm I mean Hi Jennifer at After The Chapel! The blog name is reminding me of that conversation in Bridemaids between Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig about Maya paving the way and being urged to report back what being married is really like.
- And, Hi Lisa at Sweetie’s Freebies! Feeding my need for treats and free stuff, too? Yes, please.
Whew. I’m exhausted after that journey, in spite of all that energy I tried to swipe. Guess it’s time for a coffee break. See y’all in the blogosphere, folks.
*I think about old-fashioned call girls when I type or even think “SITS Girls”. Isn’t that weird where the mind can go sometimes?!? Ha-ha.
**Edited to correct my accidental omitting of a shout-out. 🙂
Posted in Entertainment, Fun Monday, latest munchies, random slice, thoughts
Tagged foodies, freebies, introductions, mommies, sharing the love, SITS Girls, Tribes
A quick post today, for my mind is a bit frazzled. Luckily, the task from the SITS ladies is an easy one.
Fall Into Blogging — Day 5
Link up a post you wrote on this day (September 28th) from a previous year. If you didn’t publish something on the 28th, link up a post from that week.
I didn’t write on exactly the 28th, but near it –check out this flashback
(pops into a new window)…typing about channel surfing and weird titles. Still, I entertained myself reading that back again; though, I am sometimes easily entertained. Cat videos, anyone? XD
Actually, I’m going back to watching Fringe…later, folks.
Edit: fixed flashback link..apologies. Guess I rushed a bit too much. ;P heh
Another day, another prompt provided by the ladies.
Fall Into Blogging – Day 4
Share either your favorite fall craft or autumn recipe. Or share what you’re eying on Pinterest.
Again, I have more than one favorite, so just picking a craft, making a Fall wreath. Yeah, I know, it’s a simple activity, but it’s something to do with kids of all ages.
What you need:
Leaves from the yard
(if you don’t have any trees, feel free to come over and clean my yard…or a trusted neighbor’s yard, or fake ones from the craft store, whichever is closer. ;D )
shellac (only if you pick real leaves)
a plain wreath or a foam circle from the craft store*
*if a more eco-friendly wreath is wanted, take a piece of cardboard, and cut a doughnut circle (a large pizza box will work here, and it’s recycling – bonus!)
Ribbons – orange, brown, yellow, white (fall colors); 1” or 2” thick
Glue (hot glue gun, if one can handle ;D)
Flat-head tacks (for foam or bought wreath) /
Any embellishments you want (colored beads, hay, etc.)
1. Get some exercise by gathering the leaves together. Gather different sizes and shapes if you can. (Can make it a game if you have several kids to help)
2. Clear off the table and lay some newspaper down to contain the mess.
3. Cut and measure out cardboard wreath (or just lay wreath on table)
4. Wrap ribbon around wreath in a clockwise direction. Use tacks on back to secure store wreath on start and finish in back; otherwise glue start and finish of ribbon on the wreath back
5. Glue leaves in a random pattern around the wreath; dot with embellishments. (Add a stencil like “Welcome” or “Happy Autumn” for extra flair)
6. Find a door or other good place to hang your creation after it dries.
7. Take a picture to remember / brag to your friends. And, send to me. (okay, that part’s not required, I just would love to see them.) ;D
That’s about it. See, I told you it’s simple. Hehe
Hmm…not much feedback yesterday. Could it be because of a new layout? I’ve been toying with the idea for a while now, but so loved the three columns for the longest. At the same time, I have felt it looked cluttered, so I changed.
Now, I’m not sure what to do, and my blogging ideas are flying away, despite prompts.
Still, I shall try to go on…or Goon, as Seth McFarlane said while acting like Ryan Lochte. LOL
Fall Into Blogging – Day 3
Fall is a great time to write, because it is a season filled with colors, smells, and textures (fuzzy scarves, itchy sweaters, crunchy leaves) – all ingredients for a great story. Share one of your favorite fall memories with us, or something you look forward to each fall (hello, Pumpkin Spice Latte, my old friend).
Well, the obvious answer for my part of the world is football, for it’s such a big thing here as I’ve mentioned in past posts. One thing I’ve loved is Halloween, specifically decorating for contests and haunted houses. In fact, I earned my other nickname for a haunted house costume I displayed one year. What? You want to know what this fabulous costume was, eh? Sorry, it could destroy my secret identity. ;P Let’s just say, it was me with really messy hair, lots of [fake] blood, a coat and a really deranged laugh. I’m usually the nice, quiet one…so, when I "come out of the shell”, it’s a rush all around. Unfortunately, it’ a bit more difficult to decorate these days on a budget without things looking totally lame. Mercy, this trip down memory lane has become like drool on teething baby – lots of slow messy saliva covering up a big pain in the [teeth]. So, I’ll say good night before we all choke on this slice of life. XD
Another day, another post. I know, shocking, huh. ;P I’m still flabbergasted at yesterday’s wonderful feedback.
Today, the SITS ladies have provided another writing prompt for the Fall series.
Fall Into Blogging – Day 2
Show us a picture of what fall looks like in your neck of the woods. Or show us a picture that means “fall” to you.
Well, this one’s sort of tricky for us down here in Texas, for our seasons are pretty much “cool, hot, Really hot, and alleluia!-it’s below a 100 degrees again”. We’re in the latter at the moment. So, it’s ever so slightly cool in the morning (what we call “jacket weather”) and it warms up quickly to the 90’s throughout the day. Certain trees do have leaves that fall. And, unfortunately, we have those kind in the yard, which drop leaves throughout the “winter” (or aforementioned “cool” season). As a result, the photo is what happens in my little garden.
On the positive side, my aloe(s) are doing wonderfully well. Almost every time I look, another baby is growing again. Just think of all the aloe juice I could make (and sell to you, if interested. –wink—) Oh, and I did clean it up after this picture, though it’ll probably be back to this state soon again. Sigh…at least I’m getting some exercise cleaning up these pesky buggers. ;D
Happy Autumn y’all.